Friday, April 20, 2012

Baptism-‘necessity of means or precept’-you wouldn’t know the difference, so why mention it ?

When I meet a non Catholic I know he needs Catholic Faith and the baptism of water for salvation. How can I judge if he is a case of necessity of means or precept?

When I meet a non Catholic I cannot judge if he is going to be saved in invincible ignorance, a good conscience, the baptism of desire, imperfect communion with the Church, the seeds of the Word, perfect contrition etc. I know he needs Catholic Faith and the baptism of water for salvation(to avoid Hell) (AG 7).

The baptism of water is visible, tangible and repeatable.You cannot give someone ‘the baptism’ of desire or blood.

In a sense, the baptism of desire and all these ‘exceptional cases’ are not even an issue relative to the need of the baptism of water for all with no known exceptions. The baptism of desire is irrelevant.-Lionel Andrades
______________________________________

Friday, April 20, 2012
SSPX WEBSITE: ' I believe in three baptisms for the forgiveness of sins’ ?
http://eucharistandmission.blogspot.it/2012/04/sspx-website-i-believe-in-three.html

WILL BISHOP BERNARD FELLAY IN THE PROFESSION OF FAITH SAY: 'I BELIEVE IN ONE BAPTISM FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS?
http://eucharistandmission.blogspot.it/2012/04/will-bishop-berbard-fellay-in.html



No comments: