Sunday, June 7, 2015

Accept the baptism of desire and being saved in invincible ignorance in isolation and not linked to the dogma extra ecclesiam nulla salus

We can accept  being saved in invincible ignorance and the baptism of desire in isolation - and not in connection,with  the dogma extra ecclesiam nulla salus. They are not linked.
Yesterday I was talking to a friend and he would go into the theology of the baptism of desire (BOD) and invincible ignorance(I.I)  with respect to extra ecclesiam nulla salus.
 This was meaningless for me since these cases do not exist in our reality. To be exceptions to the dogma ( as the theology implies) they would have to be known.So this priest would agree that literally we cannot see these persons in Heaven, so they were not physical exceptions, to all needing to be formal members of the Church-but  then again after some time, he would express the theology he was taught.He would try to explain how BOD and I.I are part of the dogma. This was meaningless for me since I.I  and BOD were 'zero cases', to use John Martignoni's  phrase.
So upon 'zero cases' he had created a theology to connect I.I and BOD with extra ecclesiam nulla salus.
I had to interrupt him a few times  and then I stopped and let him continue with the cycle.
I could see he would be in knots, in his mind, since over a non existent case he had created a theology.
For me these were zero cases of I.I and BOD today. Today is the key word. Since the dogma is referring to cases today. We can be baptized today. It is concrete.
If there was no known case of BOD and I.I  today, there was no exception to the dogma.
Why speak  about martyrs ( baptism of blood) of the past, or those in another country of may be some hypothetical case  existing at that time in some part of Rome, They are not part of my reality and not his,today. I don't know them personally. I cannot say they will be saved or are saved without the baptism of water in the Catholic Church.I don't even know who they are.
FSSP and SSPX priests often mention St.Emerentiana. What has this saint to do with the Feeneyite  version of the dogma?
I can accept St.Emerentian's in isolation( separate from the dogma)  as something real and true, without connecting her to the Feeneyite version of extra ecclesiam nulla salus.
If I do make the connection then I imply that she exists today and that  I personally know her and so she is an exception to the dogma.She is in Heaven without the baptism of water in the Catholic Church and I can see her in the present times! This would be the wrong inference.This would be the inference, otherwise why mention her name with respect to the dogma.If she does not exist today then how can she be defacto exception to all needing to convert into the Church formally today for salvation?
We cannot and do not personally know of any such case today.
This was where Cardinal Francesco Marchetti Selvaggiani went off the tracks and gave us a new theology. It was based on a factual error. It implies we can see  people of the past, we can see them today! So St.Emerentiana is an exception to the Feeneyite version of the dogma today for the FSSPX, SSPX.
All do not need to be card carrying members of the Church for salvation in the present times is their conclusion.Why? Because they know of an exception today!
This was the theology I was being presented with yesterday, again and again.by a good, orthodox Catholic priest.
-Lionel Andrades



Vatican/Vicariate is not allowing priests in Rome to interpret Vatican Council II with Feeneyism : incardìnation prohibition

http://eucharistandmission.blogspot.it/2015/06/vaticanvicariate-is-not-allowing.html

No comments: