Friday, July 17, 2015

Muslim prayers in Rome's parks

About 20 minutes back as I was walking to the Church, I passed by a small park where a Muslim preacher, was sitting on a special seat  and preaching to about 60 persons  seated on a mat under a canopy dressed in eastern clothes.
Nearby there are many mosques in houses.There will be the Friday prayers.
This cleric, maulana, was probably Pakistani  and his teachings would be based on the Quran. The Quran has passages critical of Jews and Christians.The cleric's family, his children  would have memorised the Quran as he did.There is one passage which says Christians beleive in three gods and not one. This is not true.
The Quran changes the Jewish-Christian concept of  Abraham's sacrifice with the presence of Isaac.It negates the Crucifixion , the Sacrifice of Jesus, which is central to the Catholic Faith, and is re-enacted in an unbloody way in the Holy Mass.
The cleric here, and other Muslims have missionary programs in Italy.Those who revert to Christianity among the converts to Islam, or even Muslims, who seem to give up their religion, are threathened. I received on such experience. I often pray the rosary, with the rosary in my hand,  even in the bus.A few months back a young Muslim from Afghanistan, came shouting at me with a ferociousness, asking me why I used 'that thing'. He mistook me for an ex-Muslim.
Others have openly told me not to pray or have tried to discourage me in some way, since they are inspired by the teachings of Mohammad in the Quran.
This has been my experience in public buses or the centres where I lived. They have a  majority of Muslim immigrants.
Here I am reminded of Our Lady's messages  to Fr. Stefano Gobbi of the Marian Movement of Priests.She said all the enemies of the Church ( political Left, Muslims etc) will unite and try to eleminate all trace of the Catholic Church.But in the end Her Immaculate Heart will Triumph.
The persecution, which will be a purification for the Catholic Church,  is nearby. It is getting closer and closer.
The cleric today ( who was still speaking as I left the Church)  did not have a loudspeaker. In Islamic countries  you can hear them criticize Jews and Christians. The criticism is also there in the vernacular newspaper and media.The clerics abroad, In Europe,  support the blasphemy laws in their countries of origin.
-Lionel Andrades

No comments: