Friday, August 14, 2015

I follow the Catechism of Trent in agreement with Vatican Council II and the strict interpretation of the dogma extra ecclesiam nulla salus

I can follow the Catechism of Trent in agreement with Vatican Council II and the strict interpretation of the dogma extra ecclesiam nulla salus (EENS)
Since being saved in invincible ignorance (I.I) and the baptism of desire (BOD) mentioned in Vatican Council II (AG 7,LG 14) are always invisible and theoretical for me. So BOD and BOB  cannot be exceptions to all needing to be formal members of the Church.All need 'faith and baptism' in 2015 for salvation.I keep the Pius XII Error in mind when reading Vatican Council II .
So all references to salvation, I note when reading, are not objective. They cannot be objective for us humans . They would be known only to God. So the traditional interpretation of the dogma EENS , the Feeneyite version; the pre-1885 version is not contradicted by any reference to salvation in Vatican Council II.
For example when Unitatitis Redintigratio 3, Vatican Council II, refers to those saved in imperfect communion with the Church, this would have to be a theoretical case in 2015.I cannot personally know any such case.Neither can you.
It would also have to be followed by the baptism of water, I make a theoretical note, since the dogma says so and I don't know of any exception,personally.
Similarly  I can accept the Catechism of the Catholic Church (1995) , which is based on Vatican Council II.It does not contradict the Catechism of Trent if the Pius XII Error is avoided i.e if the baptism of desire (BOD) and the baptism of blood (BOB) and being saved in invincible ignorance(I.I) are accepted as theoretical possibilities ( followed by the baptism of water). They do not refer to defacto, objective cases in 2015.
So the Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC 1257 and 846) do not contradict the Feeneyite version of the dogma on exclusive salvation in the Catholic Church.
Immagine correlata
So I affirm the old ecclesiology in line with Vatican Council II.
Everything falls in place.This is the beauty of Catholic doctrine. It is premise like mathematics.
-Lionel Andrades

No comments: