Friday, April 14, 2017

Australia: Muslims slam imam as “fake Muslim” for opposing Sharia and obeying Australian law

Australia: Muslims slam imam as “fake Muslim” for opposing Sharia and obeying Australian law

Here is yet another installment in our periodic series: why we don’t see more genuine Muslim reformers.
“‘I’m considered fake because I would die for Australia’: Imam slams extremists who claim he’s a fraud for following Australian law over Sharia and not wanting a Muslim state,” by Kate Darvall, Daily Mail Australia, April 1, 2017 (thanks to The Religion of Peace):
A Muslim leader has slammed extremists who claim he is a fraud for following Australian law over Sharia and not wanting to form an independent Muslim state.
Imam Shaikh Mohammad Tawhidi, who has openly spoken out against ISIS and extremists, confronted members of the Islamic community in a video shared online on Friday.
Imam Tawhidi said he was labelled a ‘fake’ Shaikh because he prioritised Australian law over Sharia law.
‘I am considered a fake because I would die for Australia. I am considered a fake because I live by the Australian constitution,’ he said.
‘I am considered a fake because I glorify the Australian flag.
‘I am considered a fake because I reject Sharia law and live by the Australian law.’
In the four minute-long video, Imam Tawhidi listed various reasons for why he had been called ‘a fake’ by members of the Muslim community in Australia.
‘They have called me a fake Muslim Imam or a Shaikh only because I expose their intentions to create a caliphate within Australia,’ he said.
‘I am considered a fake because I condemn terrorism. I am considered a fake because I oppose and expose extremism.’
‘They have called me a fake Muslim Imam or a Shaikh only because I expose their intentions to create a caliphate within Australia,’ Imam Tawhidi said
He defended himself claiming he was legitimate and only accused of being a fraud because he did not serve a radical Islamic agenda.
‘For them, I am too Australian,’ he said.
The Muslim leader said he rejected controversial Sharia law to live by the Australian law ‘because I am an Australian Muslim and not a Muslim Australian’.
‘I want an Islam that is compatible with the west,’ he said….

No comments: