Thursday, March 14, 2019

In Heaven there are only Catholics is the teaching of the Catholic Church today in its magisterial documents including Vatican Council II and the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

In Heaven there are only Catholics is the teaching of the Catholic Church today in its magisterial documents including Vatican Council II and the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
In a previous blog post I had mentioned that  I am not a traditionalist who simply cites the dogma extra ecclesiam nulla salus(EENS) and rejects Vatican Council II.Instead I affirm exclusive salvation in the Catholic Church based on Vatican Council II which does not contradict the dogma EENS for me. 
Unlike Pope Benedict and Cardinal Malcolm Ranjit I affirm the Syllabus of Errors of Pope Pius IX. Since LG 8, LG 14, LG 16, UR 3, NA 2, GS 22 etc refer to only hypothetical cases for me. They can only be speculative possibilities in 2019. They are not personally known people saved outside the Church.
So I affirm the Catechism of the Catholic Church( 846-Outside the Church No Salvation) which cites Ad Gentes 7( all need faith and baptism for salvation) and I know that the baptism of desire(BOD), baptism of blood(BOB) and invincible ignorance(I.I) are not exceptions.This is obvious for all. It is common knowledge.
Similarly for me the saints Augustine and Aquinas, affirmed the strict interpretation of the dogma EENS and BOD, BOB and I.I were not exceptions.They were hypothetical and invisible cases for them too.-Lionel Andrades

1 comment:

George Brenner said...

Yes Lionel,

There are only Catholics in Heaven is correct teaching!

In Christ,

George Brenner