Sunday, June 6, 2021

About 30 or 35 years back I could not answer this question

 When I say that  when I meet a non Catholic I know he or she is oriented to Hell, all I am doing is interpreting Vatican Council II rationally.The text takes us back to exclusive salvation in the Catholic Church.About 30 or 35 years back I could not answer this question i.e  when I meet a non Catholic do I know that he or she is saved or not? I was interpreting Vatican Council II with exceptions and so since there  were exceptions.So how could I judge ?.But now when there are no exceptions  to extra ecclesiam nulla salus(EENS) in the text of Vatican Council II. I know that the norm for salvation is still faith and baptism(AG 7) exclusive salvation( Athanasius Creed, EENS, Syllabus of Errors of Pope Pius IX,Catechism of Pope Pius X ( 24Q, 27Q) etc). -Lionel Andrades

No comments: