Friday, August 6, 2021

John Henry Weston had a good program recently on the subject outside the Church there is no salvation.He can now work for creating unity in the Catholic Church. The Society of St. Pius X(SSPX) accepts extra ecclesiam nulla salus(EENS) with exceptions and the St. Benedict Centers(SBC) accept EENS with no exceptions. Both groups are Catholic.

 

John Henry Weston had a good program recently on the subject outside the Church there is no salvation.He can now work for creating unity in the Catholic Church.

The Society of St. Pius X(SSPX) accepts extra ecclesiam nulla salus(EENS) with exceptions and the St. Benedict Centers(SBC) accept EENS with no exceptions.

Both groups are Catholic.

For the SSPX, the baptism of desire(BOD) and invincible ignorance (I.I) are exceptions for EENS and for the SBC they are not exceptions.

If you discuss this issue with either of them they will go into their specific theology, defending the founders of their communities.

How can we create unity betweem these two groups ?One of them has to be wrong on doctrine.

The SSPX will cite the present two popes who project the BOD and I.I as exceptions to EENS. The SBC will cite the past popes, many of them, who did not project BOD and I.I as exceptions to EENS.

Now after Vatican Council II(1965) and the Fr. Leonard Feeney case in Boston (1949) we know that there are no physically visible cases of the BOD and I.I in our reality.We cannot see or meet any one saved outside the Church with BOD and I.I. So BOD and I.I could not have been practical exceptions to EENS in 1949 or 1965.Someone made a mistake.

It was only be confusing what was speculative (BOD and I.I) as being non speculative and objective, that practical exceptions ( visible cases of being saved with BOD and I.I) were created for EENS.In this way the past ecclesiocentrism of the Church was made obsolete.Ths is the point that John Henry Weston, Editor in Chief at Life Site News, must bring out in questions and discussions with the SSPX and SBC.

It will have a direct bearing on how he personally will interpret Vatican Council II.Will LG 8, LG 14, LG 16, UR 3, NA2, GS 22 etc in Vatican Council II be exceptions for EENS or will they not be exceptions, for him ?

Is Pope Francis rational or irrational on Vatican Council II ? What does he think? - Lionel Andrades

No comments: