Friday, December 11, 2020

Two Versions of the Nicene Creed, two Professions of Faith in the Catholic Church, mine and yours

 When I recite the Nicene Creed I say, "I believe in one baptism for the forgiveness of sins" and I mean it is the baptism of water which is physically visible and repeatable.For the rest of the Church it is three known baptisms, may be more, which exclude the baptism of water in the Catholic Church.

It would have to exclude the baptism of water in the Catholic Church, for example, for the present two popes and the cardinals and bishops, since they project exceptions to extra ecclesiam nulla salus(EENS). The baptism of desire(BOD), baptism of blood(BOB) and invincible ignorance (I.I) are exceptions to EENS for them.

So the BOD, BOB and I.I would be physically visible and personally known, for them to be practical exceptions to their being exclusive salvation in the Catholic Church.

Without exceptions to EENS everyone else would also be Feeneyite.But they say they are not Feeneyites.In two theological papers of the International Theological Commission there are exceptions to Feeneyite EENS and the exlusivist ecclesiology of the Church, which are mentioned.

So the rest of the Church believes in three or more baptisms, which exclude the baptism of water in the Catholic Church, they are desire, blood, invincible ignorance etc.

For me there is one baptism for the forgiveness of sins and for the others in the Catholic Church there are three or more baptisms. Hypothetical cases of the BOD, BOB and I.I are objective exceptions to EENS for them and examples of known salvation outside the Catholic Church.So hypothetical cases are non hypothetical for them and so there are exceptions.

For me EENS has no exceptions and for them there are exceptions.

So when I say I believe in one baptism for the forgiveness of since I am not saying that there are known cases of BOD, BOB and I.I.I am not saying that there are three known cases of the BOD, BOB and I.I.For me all need the baptism of water for salvation all need the baptism of water to remove Original Sin and we cannot know of any exception.-Lionel Andrades

No comments: