Monday, May 15, 2023

My badge

 

I wear a badge that gets a mixed reaction.

This is my faith. This is my Catholic Faith. I am in Rome. This is also the faith of the Catholics in Italy. It is expressed at Holy Mass in the churches. I am not saying anything new or personal.

At Mass the priests speaks of our belief in Jesus as the unique Savior, he saves us from Hell- fires. The priest speaks about Jesus in the Catholic Church.


This is what I am saying with my badge. It is a Profession of my Catholic Faith. I believe in the Catholic Church, His Mystical Body. I follow the Nicene, Apostles and Athanasius Creed. I affirm all the Catechisms interpreted rationally. I interpret Vatican Council II with the hermeneutic of continuity with Tradition.

I affirm hypothetical cases of the baptism of desire, baptism of blood and being saved in invincible ignorance - and also, the strict interpretation of extra ecclesiam nulla salus (EENS) of the Fourth Lateran Council (1215) at, the time of St. Dominic Guzman and the founding of the Dominic Order.

So like Pope Francis, the cardinals and bishops I am affirming Magisterial Documents, but I interpret them rationally and not irrationally.

There has been no new announcement from the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, Vatican and the Vatican officially rejecting the Creeds, Councils, Catechisms and in particular Vatican Council II and the Catechism of the Catholic Church. So I am still following the historical Catholic Church in Italy without rejecting Vatican Council II and the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

According to the Italian Constitution I have a right to hold my religious beliefs in public .-Lionel Andrades

No comments: