Sunday, February 28, 2021

We are in the same Church, at the same Holy Mass, we recite the Nicene Creed but our Profession of Faith is different, since our salvation- doctrine is different. He uses a false premise and I avoid it

 Yesterday Saturday, evening at Holy Mass in Italian, with the Sunday liturgy, the priest recited the Nicene Creed in the form of a question with the answer given by the congregation.I replied in the affirmative.

 "Do you believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church...?"  I responded, " Si, io credo ( Yes, I believe).

But I know that my interpretation of the Nicene and Apostles Creed is different from that of the priest and so our understanding of the faith is different.

We both interpret the baptism of desire(BOD), baptism of blood(BOB) and invincible ignorance(I.I) differently. So whenever in Magisterial documents, they are mentioned, there are two interpretations, two meanings, his and mine. It is really mine and every one else.

For me the Nicene Creeds says ' I believe in one baptism'. It is a known baptism and repeatable physically.It can be seen.For this Italian priest, the Creed says, 'I believe in one baptism for the forgiveness of sins' but it means three or more 'baptisms' which are visible and so are practical exceptions to the dogma extra ecclesiam nulla salus(EENS). They are the baptisms of desire, blood and invincible ignorance etc.

Since our interpretation of BOD, BOB and I.I are different( they refer to visible cases for him and so are exceptions to EENS and for me they refer to invisible cases and so are not exceptions to EENS) the interpretation of the Athanasius Creed is different.I accept the Athanasius Creed  which says all need Catholic faith for salvation. He rejects it. Since for him there are exceptions. 

So our understanding of the Nicene Creed and the Athanasius Creed is different.

It is the same with Vatican Council II, Lumen Gentium 16( invincible ignorance) and Lumen Gentium 14 ( baptism of desire) are either implicit or explicit, invisible or visible.

It is the same with the Catechism of the Catholic Church. CCC 1257 ( Necessity of Baptism) contradicts itself for him but not for me. It says all need the baptism of water for salvation but 'God is not limited to the Sacraments'.For me'God is not limited to the Sacraments' is a reference to a hypothetical and speculative case.

The Catechism of the Catholic Church 846(Outside the Church No Salvation) would also contradict itself for him but not for me. It says all who are saved are saved through Jesus and the Church. Ths is a reference to BOD, BOB and I.I but it also quotes Ad Gentes 7 which states all need faith and baptism for salvation. Of course, BOD,BOB and I.I do not contradict AG 7 for me.There are no practical exceptions in 2021.

The Catechism of Pope Pius X contradicts itself for him but not for me.

So we have two interpretations of these Catechisms.

One interpretation of these Catechisms contradict the Athanasius Creed and EENS, and the other does not.

In general there is known salvation outside the Church for him but not for me.For me it is still outside the Church there is no salvation; there is no known salvation.

There still is an exclusivist ecclesiology in the Church for me but not for him.

We are in the same Church, at the same Holy Mass, we recite the Nicene Creed but our Profession of Faith is different, since our salvation- doctrine is different. He uses a false premise and I avoid it. -Lionel Andrades


No comments: