Friday, June 3, 2011

Ask no questions and go quietly for Mass

Today morning I attended a solemn Mass in Latin in the Extraordinary Form at the Church of S. Maria di Nazareth. It was a real surprise how I found that Church. It was real coincidence and a long story.It was a solemn, simple Mass and the emphasis seemed on the Sacrifice of Jesus.


I went up to receive the Eucharist.


The Mass was offered by a priest of the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate, Italy. Last Sunday morning I attended a Mass, the same Tridentine Rite Mass, at their Church near the Vatican, Beata Vergine Maria Annunziata.


I did not go up to receive the Eucharist.


Why go up to receive the Eucharist when the priest is not willing to affirm the ex cathedra dogma extra ecclesiam nulla salus ?


Why go up to receive the Eucharist when he will probably tell me that every one needs to enter the Church for salvation except for those with the baptism of desire or who are in invincible ignorance.? Then he will add we do not know any such case in the present time.


Then why mention it?


Then he will probably add that Fr. Feeney was excommunicated for heresy i.e. for affirming the ex cathedra dogma Cantate Dominio, Council of Florence, Pope Eugene 14 on extra ecclesiam nulla salus.


I have not met the Rector there, Fr.Ignazio, however this is the response I receive from the Friars including the former American Rector at that Church , Fr. Lawrence.


I have written many posts on this subject and have sent then a copy. No one responds.


So when I went for Mass today morning I asked NO QUESTIONS.


Ask no questions and go quietly for Mass!!


What is so special about the Extraordinary Form of the Mass when they use the Novus Ordo (Ordinary Form) ecclesiology?


The priests who ‘celebrate’ Mass in Italian also say that everyone needs to enter the Church except for those in invincible ignorance etc, as if we know of such cases - and they conflict with the dogma, which says there are no exceptions.


They will also point it out that Vatican Council II has changed the dogma even though there is no text in Vatican Council II for such a claim.

No comments: