Thursday, February 23, 2017

John Vennari: A message and a tribute - Louie Verrecchio

SSPX Portland 2015 lrg
As some of you may know, John Vennari, who has been battling cancer, just posted the following message on Facebook:
“The doctors say I don’t have much time left. Please pray for me and for my Purgatory. Was blessed to receive Last Rites yesterday and the apostolic blessing.”
I am certain that readers of this space have been, and will continue to pray for John; offering Masses for him and his loved ones.
I have mixed feelings about this…
John Vennari is a good and faithful servant whose reward awaits him. Don’t get me wrong, I will honor his wishes to pray for his Purgatory indeed, but I cannot help but believe that Our Lord is sparing him (as He also spared Fr. Gruner) the agony of remaining in the Church Militant as the devastation so evident in our day continues unabated until at long last the Immaculate Heart of Mary triumphs.
For this, we can give thanks to God for His mercy.
That said, I am heartbroken for John’s wife and children. Having had the privilege of seeing them interact on a few occasions in person and then only briefly, it was perfectly clear just how close knit this model Catholic family truly is.
More selfishly, it breaks my heart for me. John Vennari, as many of you can also say, touched my life and made it better.
Continued
https://akacatholic.com/john-vennari-a-message-and-a-tribute/

__________________________________________






Vigil for John Vennari






http://eponymousflower.blogspot.it/2017/02/vigil-for-john-vennari.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+TheEponymousFlower+(The+Eponymous+Flower)

No comments: