Friday, January 4, 2019

The SSPX must first put its house in order and then conduct doctrinal talks

Image result for Photo I s Feeneyism is Catholic?
While the SSPX supports doctrinal talks with the Vatican it continues to sell a book by Fr. Francois Laisney, Is Feeneyism Catholic ?(Angelus Press). The book assumes invisible cases of the baptism of desire(BOD), baptism of blood(BOB) and being saved in invincible ignorance(I.I) are visible exceptions to the dogma extra ecclesiam nulla salus(EENS). 
Since BOD, BOB and I.I refer to visible cases for Fr. Francois Laisney the Catechism of Pope Pius X would contradict intself. Since when it supports all being a member of the Catholic Church for salvation it also mentions being saved in invincible ignorance.
For me BOD, BOB and I.I refer to hypothetical cases only. So they are not exceptions to the teaching on all needing to be members of the Catholic Church for salvation. The Catechism of Pope Pius X does not contradict itself for me.
Similarly St. Thomas Aquinas affirms the strict interpretation of EENS and also mentions the man in forest in invincible ignorance. This would be contradictory for the SSPX and Fr. Laisney but not for me.
Fr.Laisney accepted the Letter of the Holy Office 1949(LOHO) which wrongly reasoned that hypothetical cases of BOD, BOB and I.I were non hypothetical. This same false reasoning was applied by Fr. Laisney to Fr. Leonard Feeney's strict interpretation of EENS. For Fr. Feeney there literally were no cases of BOD, BOB and I.I and so there were no exceptions to EENS.
Fr.Laisney like Archbishop Lefebvre assumed that BOD, BOB and I.I were exceptions to EENS. Similarly he wrongly assumed that LG 16 etc were exceptions to EENS and so he rejected the Council.
It has been about 10 years now since I have been saying this and Fr. Francois Laisney does not respond.
This same error was made by Fr. Jean Marie Gleize at the last doctrinal talks with the Vatican.
The book written by Fr. Laisney is read by SSPX seminarians who repeat the error.
They interpret the Catechisms as contradicting themselves.
Then they interpret the Catechisms as contradicting EENS according to the Magisterium in the Middle Ages.
Then they wrongly interpret Vatican Council II as contradicting the Catechisms and the Syllabus of Errors of Pope Pius IX(ecumenism of return, EENS etc).
This is doctrinal chaos. The SSPX must first put its house in order and then conduct doctrinal talks anew.
-Lionel Andrades

Image result for Photo I s Feeneyism is Catholic?

No comments: