Monday, August 5, 2019

In Spirit and Truth

It was a long walk and it was hot yesterday  afternoon. I paused by a beautiful community- home of religious sisters.I was n front of the Vatican Museum.These days it is extra-hot in Rome.
The chapel door was open.In  my tired-state it was sa relief and pleasure  to hear the Sisters sing at Vespers in that all-white beautiful chapel.I went in and sat down among them.I joined in their prayers.
The Mother Superior came to me.She said Mass would follow.This was a Franciscan community. A Franciscan priest,came a little late, and then he offered Holy Mass in Italian.
 
I asked myself,what  if these Sisters  proclaimed the Faith in spirit and truth, would they still be able to stay in this beautiful house ?
For these Sisters it is important that their founderess be canonized.They are working for it.But she must have had the Faith, in spirit and truth,  and then probably lost it.This was  when she was told to interpret Vatican Council II with irrational Cushingism.
The same usually happens at Pontifical Universities and seminaries.Students can come with the Faith only to lose it with the false interpretation of the Council.
I received much of my faith from my grandmother and her times.It was about 10 years  before Vatican Council II.I lost the true faith with Vatican Council II Cushingite.Though the faith  remained dormant in me in some way.
Now my personal confusion with extra ecclesiam nulla salus and Vatican Council II has ended.The loose ends have been tied. This is no more a complex and confusing subject, especially when you have discovered that the ecclesiastics and the popes are in objective heresy.
But when religious and lay people understand what I am saying , that is the difference between Cushingism and Feeneyism, for many of them it is scary.
They would like to pray as a community, in peace, in a beautiful chapel.-Lionel Andrades

No comments: