Wednesday, July 1, 2020

CMTV strange like Jim Russell

See the deception.I was checking the extra ecclesiam nulla salus (EENS) entries on the Internet and came across the Church Militant TV (CMTV) Report which mentions, Fr. Feeney's Strange Doctrines.It is written by Jim Russell.
Russell wanted to contradict Fr.Leonard Feeney's strict interpretation of EENS. So he quotes Vatican Council II and the Letter of the Holy Office 1949(LOHO). But he interprets them with the false premise.So the conclusion is a rupture with 16th century EENS. Then he considers the dogma EENS and Fr. Leonard Feeney's interpretation as strange.He considers it a strange new doctrine on salvation.
He doesnot say that there are no known cases of the baptism of desire(BOD), baptism of blood(BOB) and invincible ignorance(I.I) and that the text of Vatican Council II( GS 22, UR 3, NA 2, LG 8 etc) is referring to only hypothetical and speculative cases.But he creats artificial exceptions.
Instead he re-interprets LG 8 etc as referring to visible, known and seen in the flesh persons saved outside the Catholic Church. Only in this way they can become exceptions to EENS. Then he concludes that there are exceptions to Feeneyite EENS and that this is the norm for salvation -  and all this it not strange for him.Yet this is the common way of interpreting Vatican Council II for the liberals and conservatives. So CMTV did not correct the error.


CMTV interprets Vatican Council II in this irrational way and then does not affirm the traditional strict interpretation of EENS.
CMTV needs to clarify its theological position on Vatican Council II. For me Vatican Council II is not a rupture with the exclusivist interpretation of EENS. The Athanasius Creed which says all need Catholic faith for salvation is not obsolete and neither is the Syllabus of Errors of Pope Pius IX, a thing of the past.
Note, I am not denying BOD,BOB and I.I and neither am I asking CMTV to deny them.
I am asking them to clarify that BOD, BOB and I.I are not objective examples of salvation outside the Church in the present times ( 1965-2020) and so they are not exceptions to EENS and never were exceptions to the past exclusivist ecclesiology of the Catholic Church.
Bradley Eli at CMTV  cannot say that 'the Church' teaches there is BOD, BOB and I.I . I am not rejecting this. However if 'the Church' teaches there is BOD, BOB and I.I and that they are exceptions to EENS it  contradicts what 'the Church' taught before the 1930's.For the popes and saints over the centuries, BOD, BOB and I.I were simply hypothetical, they could not be any thing else. This is common sense.-Lionel Andrades




 JUNE 30, 2020

Image result for Photo LifeIStes news John henry Weston


No comments: