Saturday, October 29, 2022

What is the Irrational Premise ?

 PantheraBlanca writes on Twitter

Please extrapolate this premise for less informed Catholics, myself included.


Lionel Andrades

I am following Aristotle's Logic.There is a premise, inference and conclusion.If Lumen Gentium 16, being saved in invincible ignorance, refers to a physically visible person this month for you and not for me then our premises are different.

Our premises are different when an invisible person for you is visible for me.Can you see someone saved as such? No we cannot.The person would be in Heaven and known only to God. So I cannot infer that Lumen Gentium 16 refers to a practical exception for extra ecclesiam nulla salus(EENS).

For Lumen Gentium 16 to be a practical exception for Feeneyite EENS, it had to refer to a physically visible case. But it is invisible to me. So Lumen Gentium 16 does not contradict the strict interpretation of extra ecclesiam nulla salus, for me. My premise is LG 16 is invisible.

So my premise is something invisible(LG 16) is invisible, in my reality and that of other humans.But for Bishop Athanasis Schneider and Archbishop Carlo Vigano, LG 16 is a break with EENS.So it is visible. An invisible person cannot be an exception for EENS.







So the premise and inference of Archbishop Carlo Vigano and Bishop Athanasius Schneider is different, from mine. Our conclusions too would have to be different. Vatican Council II is not a rupture with EENS for me. Vatican Council II is a break with EENS for them and the popes.







How can they imply that invisible cases of non-Catholics saved in invincible ignorance (LG 16) are physically visible on earth too? Archbishop Vigano and Bishop Schneider violate the Principle of Non Contradiction of Aristotle. -Lionel Andrades















No comments: