Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Catholic Theology 1 : ONLY THE CATHOLIC CHURCH ( SOLAMENTE LA CHIESA CATTOLICA

 






ONLY THE CATHOLIC CHURCH ( SOLAMENTE LA CHIESA CATTOLICA )


-Lionel Andrades


I accept all the popes. I can reconcile Pope Francis with Pope Pius X since Vatican Council II is rational and traditional for me. The Catholic Faith does not change with Vatican Council II.Vatican Council II is not a rupture with Tradition for me.
My interpretation of the Council is different. The liberals and the traditionalists interpret the Council differently. So Pope Pius X would be a break with Pope Paul VI.The Council is interpreted irrationally by them.
I don't have this problem.
Irrespective of what the popes say and do the Catholic faith does not change.It  has not changed with Vatican Council II interpreted rationally. 
I do not confuse invisible cases as being visible.I do not choose an irrational premise ( invisible people are visible in 2024) instead of a rational premise ( invisible people are invisible) to create a non traditional conclusion ( visible cases of salvation outside the Church according to LG 8,14,1,5,16 etc are objective exceptions for the dogma extra ecclesiam nulla salus and the Athanasius Creed).
For me there is a traditional conclusion since invisible cases of LG 8, 14, 15, 16 etc are not objective exceptions for the past ecclesiocentrism of the Catholic Church
Pope Pius XII accepted the 1949 Letter of the Holy Office to the Archbishop of Boston relative to Fr. Leonard Feeney. It confused invisible cases of the baptism of desire and being saved in invincible ignnorance as being visible exceptions for Feeneyite extra ecclesiam nulla salus.
This was the beginning of a new theology in the Church which was not corrected by the popes who followed. It says outside the Church there is salvation, outside the Church there is known salvation. In other words, what was invisible for Pope Pius X, was visible for them.
Since I do not make the mistake of Pope Pius XII which was repeated in 1965 by Pope Paul VI,I do not have to reject Vatican Council II, as do the traditionalists. Neither do I have to accept the irrational interpretation of the Council, as did the popes, the liberals and the main line Catholic Church.

-Lionel Andrades


No comments: