Thursday, December 10, 2020

To interpret Vatican Council II only with the false premise is an act of faith for the SSPX but not for me





Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre did not really affirm the Athanasius Creed which says all need to be Catholic for salvation. Since for him the baptism of desire(BOD), baptism of blood(BOB) and invincible ignorance(I.I) were exceptions to all needing Catholic faith for salvation. So he really, theologically, rejected the Syllabus of Errors and also Feeneyite extra ecclesiam  nulla salus (EENS). 

Today like the liberals, the Society of St. Pius X bishops and priests say invisible cases of the BOD, BOB and I.I are visible exceptions to the strict interpretation of EENS. So they put aside EENS according to St. Thomas Aquinas and St. Augustine.

This is the common New Theology of the liberals, the present two popes and the SSPX. For me this is modernism.

To criticize the Novus Ordo Mass is an act of faith for the SSPX but not for me.

To interpret Magisterial documents( Creeds, Catechisms) with a false premise is an act of faith for the SSPX but not for me.

To interpret Vatican Council II only with the false premise is an act of faith for the SSPX but not for me.  -Lionel Andrades

No comments: