Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Another year passes and SSPX Italy priests will not answer a simple question


Last Sunday I went to the SSPX chapel in Rome before the 11 a.m Mass.
There was a family there, a lady with her husband and children, who had come early for Mass.I had seem them before too at the chapel.The priest Father Gabriele D'Avino was teaching catechism.
I told this lady there that it was some five years and I have been receiving no statement or comment from the SSPX priests there.They will not answer a simple question. I wondered if she could help.
Father Gabriele D'Avino would not answer a simple question and could I ask her that question? She replied,'Yes'.
She knew what was the baptism of desire(BOD) and so I asked in Italian, " We cannot meet or see someone saved with the baptism of desire. There is no known case in our reality?
"Of course not" was her reply.
It is the same for being saved in invincible ignorance?
"Yes".
Similarly no one could know of a baptism of desire case in 1965 or 1940 or earlier."They could not have known" she said in Italian.
I said that this was all I wanted to ask Fr.Gabriele D'Avino and the SSPX priests.
I prayed the rosary with them and left before the Mass. Fr. Gabriele was hearing Confessions.
For the SSPX priests and bishops BOD refers to  visible cases.This is their inference and they are not aware of it.So Mystici Corporis would contradict Feeneyite EENS for them and Vatican Council II would be a rupture with the past exclusivist ecclesiology of the Church.
For them LG 16 (invincible ignorance) is an example of known salvation outside the Church.
-Lionel Andrades

No comments: