Saturday, April 11, 2015

Ad Gentes 7 can be interpreted with Feeneyism or Cushingism

 Creative Minority Report
wineinthewater
Lionel said :“So you have not been able to cite any text from Quanto Conficiamur Moerore or the Council of Trent which says there are exceptions to the traditional interpretation of the dogma extra ecclesiam nulla salus.”
I have to be honest, I am beginning to wonder if you are being purposefully obtuse. There are two problems with this statement. First, I have never claimed that there are exceptions to EENS, nor does contemporary Church teaching claim that there is. Second, you have failed to show that your interpretation is the traditional interpretation.
“However, visible membership in the Church and water baptism are not necessary to be "inside the Church."
Lionel said:
The Magisterium says it is necessary (Vatican Council II (AG 7,LG 14), CCC 1257, 845,846, Redemptoris Missio 55, Dominus Iesus 20, Council of Trent, Syllabus of Errors, Catechism of Pope Pius X, Cantate Dominio Council of Florence 1441 etc).”
Let’s look at those:
Ad Gentes 7: “Therefore though God in ways known to Himself can lead those inculpably ignorant of the Gospel to find that faith without which it is impossible to please Him (Heb. 11:6).”

Lionel:
Feeneyism says every one needs to be a formal member of the Church, with faith and baptism, for salvation and there are no exceptions.
Cushingism says every one needs to enter the Church with faith and baptism for salvation but there are exceptions; there are known exceptions, so really every one does not need to enter the Church.
So if you are inferring that Ad Gentes 7 says: “Therefore though God in ways known to Himself can lead those inculpably ignorant of the Gospel to find that faith without which it is impossible to please Him (Heb. 11:6) and these persons ” , are known exceptions, so really every one does not need to enter the Church then this is Cushingism. It is irrational and heresy. It also contadicts the magisterial statements I have cited above.
-Lionel Andrades 
http://www.creativeminorityreport.com/2015/03/dont-blame-vatican-ii.html#comment-1957527138


___________________________

April 12,2015: Divine Mercy Sunday
After Holy communion, I was carried in spirit before throne of God .. There I saw the heavenly powers which incessantly praise God. Beyond the throne I saw a brightness inaccessible to creatures, and there only the Incarnate Word enters as,Mediator. (Diary 85)
Today I was in heaven in spirit, and I was it's inconceivable beauties and the happiness that awaits us after death. I saw how all creatures give ceaseless praise and glory to God. I saw how great is happiness in God, which spreads to all creatures, making them happy; and then all the glory and praise which springs from this happiness returns to its source; and they enter into the depths of God, contemplating the inner life of God, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, whom they will never comprehend or fathom.
This source of happiness is unchanging in it's essence, but is always new, gushing forth happiness for all creatures. Now I understand Saint Paul, who said, "Eye has not seen, nor has ear heard, or has it entered into the heart of man what God has prepared, for those who love him", (Diary 777). "
The sight of this great majesty of God, which I came to understand more profoundly and which is worshiped by the heavenly spirits according to their degree of grace and the hierarchies into which they are divided, did not cause my soul to be stricken with terror or fear; no, no, not at all! My. soul was filled with peace and love, and the more I came to know the greatness of God, the more joyful I became that He is as He is. And I rejoice immensely in His greatness and am delighted that I am so little because, since I am little, He carries me in His arms and holds. me close to His heart. (Diary 779)

No comments: